Business Developer & Project Manager
Established in 1959, AGRER conducts studies and provides assistance for the design and implementation of projects within the framework of international cooperation and partnership agreements. These services are funded by the European Union, the World Bank, specialized agencies of the United Nations, regional development banks, the public sector, and the private sector.
AGRER's main areas of activity include agriculture and rural development, environment and natural resources, climate change, institutional support, governance and public finance, logistics and administrative support, economic and management consulting services, civil building and infrastructure, and framework contracts.
In Belgium, AGRER employs a team of 25 permanent collaborators, including agronomists, engineers, economists, and logistics and management experts.
AGRER is seeking to strengthen its teams with a new Business Developer & Project Manager to identify, win, and manage development projects.
You will have the opportunity to travel to monitor the progress of your projects and create new business opportunities (approximately 25% of the time, with an average 1-week field mission).
- Prospecting potential clients
- Establishing and maintaining business relationships with clients
- Identifying future opportunities to pursue
- Conducting market research and commercial monitoring
- Identifying potential partners and forming consortium
- Developing expressions of interest
- Identifying and selecting experts
- Negotiating collaboration agreements with partners and subcontractors
- Preparing technical and financial proposals
Project Management and Monitoring:
- Contracting and supervising experts and support staff
- Planning and organizing project logistics
- Monitoring project implementation with clients and partners
- Tracking KPIs and ensuring quality control of delivered services and products
- Cost management and budget monitoring
- Financial oversight of projects
- Master's degree (BAC+5) in Bioengineering, Civil Engineering, Business Engineering, Agronomy, Economics, or equivalent
- Fluent in French and English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills in both French and English
- Minimum of 5 years of general professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business development, with proficiency in public tender procedures as a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of project management and budget monitoring experience
- Professional experience in Africa, Asia, or South America is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an e-mail with your CV and giving the job title, to Thomas Desriac: firstname.lastname@example.org