TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE PROGRAMME LOCAL HYDRO-AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AROUND SMALL DAMS IN THE GOVERNORATES OF KAIROUAN, KASSERINE, LE KEF, SILIANA, ZAGHOUAN AND IN TUNIS
The programme of hydro-agricultural development around small dams has the five following components :
1. Component Support to beneficiaries: design of local development plans, promotion of income generating activities (livestock, trees exploitation, craft), training and extension ;
2. Component Hydro-agricultural development: acquisitions, installations of hydraulic equipment and water distribution system (spate, drip and furrow irrigation);
3. Component Environment and natural resources protection: Soil and water conservation works, agro pastoral development and arboricultural plants, implementation of a monitoring system for works and watersheds in relation with reclamation ;
4. Component Improvement of basic infrastructure: improvement of access roads for and to the different services, reclamation around dams, watersheds development, implementation of potable water networks.
5. Component Institutional support and project co-ordination: implementation of contractual personnel and technical assistance, vehicles acquisition and office equipment.
The programme is dedicated to small farms and vulnerable groups, particularly to women and young people.