TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME FOR ENHANCEMENT OF THE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTIVITY (PAPA)
General objectives: To improve the income of family-run agro-pastoral businesses of the North Cameroon regions by more efficient professional networks, through sustainable use of the land resources and of the production.
To support reaching the objectives of the program, the technical assistance shall develop the capacities of the national staff in terms of:
a) Sustainable development of the dairy sector with the aim to contribute to nutritional improvement of the population, to secure the incomes of farmers and limitation of the milk and dairy products import to Cameroon (Component 1);
• Genetic improvement of the local dairy cows
• Consultancy support to producers; extension and
• Stakeholders structuring and professionalization
• Support to the and industrial projects implemented by local stakeholders
• support to the productive and industrial projects implemented by the local stakeholders
b) Production diversification and enhancement of competitiveness of agro-pastoral businesses in the Cotton Zone (Component 2).
• Increasing responsibility of the producers groups;
• Improvement of the yields of the basic crop food productions (sorghum, maize, upland rise) (access to farms inputs & extension and dissemination of the research results);
• Enhancement of the production of the commercial agricultural sectors (peanuts, soybeans, cotton);
• Enhancement of the breeding productivity and of the pastures;
• Structuring of the professional organizations and of the sectors