TECHNICAL AND IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCE TO SUPPORT NON STATE ACTORS
The overall objectives are as follows:
- To help build structures that can tackle poverty effectively
- Assisting Nigerians to attain the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and to strengthen democratisation.
The purposes of this project are as follows:
- Be responsible for implementing and managing the project, (including provision of all supplies and services, awarding of grants and launching call for proposals) through the creation of a Project Management Unit (PMU) in Nigeria
- Provide the necessary back-office services and support to the PMU
- The selected organization will implement the project together with a local organization with whom it will establish an active partnership for the duration of the project. Activities of the local organization will be financed through the work plan. The choice of the local organization will be subject to the agreement of the contracting authority. Technical and financial responsibility under the project should remain fully with the selected organization. The competencies required of the local organization should be identified in the proposal. Respective roles should be clearly identified in the proposal and integrated in the methodology adopted. The local organization will have no formal and informal link with any Nigerian governmental administration.
- Provide necessary administrative services that will assist the PMU in its work
- Provide expertise in a range of area related to capacity building for example, basic accounting, Monitoring and Evaluation approaches, proposal writing and fund raising , gender mainstreaming , participatory methods, etc