SUDANESE-SAHELIAN ECOSYSTEMS CONSERVATION AND RATIONAL UTILIZATION (CURESS)
The National Park of Zakouma (PNZ), located on the Salamat and Guéra prefectures, is the most important protected area in Chad having a tourism development potential.
The specific objective of CURESS is to improve natural resources sustainable management of the PNZ and surrounding areas and the conservation of its environmental biodiversity through the following activities:
- strengthening and maintenance of Park's infrastructures and implementation of the Park's management plan;
- design and implementation of an ecotourism development plan in the Park and surrounding areas, as well as a communication/information strategy;
- identification and implementation of a research programme and complementary studies on park's resources;
- strengthening of local population's participation in management structures and co-ordination with regional institutional stakeholders and promotion of economic activities (microrealisations);
- implementation of human resources development and training plan;
implementation of a documentation centre.