PROGRAMMING MISSION FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE MULTI-ANNUAL INDICATIVE PROGRAMME (MIP) 2011-2013 AND AAP 2011 OF THE ACCOMPANYING MEASURES FOR THE SUGAR PROTOCOL (AMSP) COUNTRIES FOR JAMAICA
Under the Accompanying Measures for the Sugar Protocol countries for Jamaica, the objectives of this
assignment are the:
· Preparation of the Multi-Annual Indicative Programme 2011-2013
· Identification of the AAP 2011 including drafting the Project Identification Fiche and the Action Fiche (to include the FP / TAPS and annexes) in compliance with the QSG requirements.
The Muti-Annual Indicative Programme (MIP) 2011-2013 for Jamaica should aim to:
· Continue the work started within the MIP 2007-2010;
· Review and revalidate the EC Multi-annual Support Strategy 2007-2013.
The MIP shall be drawn up on the basis of the revised Jamaica Country Adaptation Strategy (JCS II) and shall pay specific attention to the following areas of cooperation:
· Enhancing the competitiveness of the sugar and cane sector, where this is a sustainable process, taking into account the situation of the different stakeholders in the chain;
· Promoting the economic diversification of sugar-dependent areas;
· Addressing broader impacts generated by the adaptation process, possibly related, but not restricted, to employment and social services, land use and environmental restoration, the energy sector, research and innovation and macro-economic stability.