FINAL REVIEW OF STABEX PROGRAMMES 1990-1991 AND 1992-1999
The main objective of this review is to take stock of the implementation of Stabex programmes and evaluate the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the programmes implemented with the Stabex funds;
The specific objectives of the programmes implemented were essentially:
• Improvement of the quality and quantity of main exported productions;
• Improvement of transport and collection conditions of export products and food crops products thanks to the rehabilitation of rural roads and access roads to washing stations and different collection points;
• Increase of producers income
• Improvement of the diversification of agricultural productions resulting in diversification of sources of income through the renewal of oil palm village plantations and the production of fruits and vegetables necessary for a balanced diet;
• Creation of hosting conditions for victims (in particular deported people) necessary to their reintegration into the socio-economic life of the country.
• Regarding coffee, the project aimed more precisely at the rehabilitation of coffee washing stations and access roads, the increase of coffee export revenue and improvement of production and average income of coffee producers.