Development Study of maize sector in Bugesera’ District.
Implementation of a development strategy of the maize sector in order to:
- increase the output of traditional production
- diversify agricultural production registering exports possibilities
- create new employment
- implement socio economic structure for auto employment of young people
- identify services’ activities to promote tourism and teleprocessing
The study focuses on industrial maize culture. The objective is to implement sustainable development, to improve the socio economic situations of the maize producers but also to face food shortage period.
The main objective is consequently:
- to organize more efficiently this sector in order to increase the production and to realize benefits
- To target appropriate sites for maize culture
- To identify strengths and weaknesses in order to valorize the maize culture
To define the appropriate organizational framework to develop the maize sector