TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT PROJECT - PHASE II
The Support to Livestock Development Project – Phase II was designed by taking into account the lessons drawn from the first phase.
This means in particular :
▪ to continue the zoo-sanitary follow-up of the first animals (small ruminants and pigs) which were introduced in the country and distributed to 80 livestock farmers in order to improve their productivity;
▪ to reinforce the sanitary coverage of animals in the specific areas;
▪ to continue the extension actions and their opening to the agricultural and rural councils;
▪ to reinforce the capacity of the public, private and community institutions of the livestock sector;
▪ to improve the livestock infrastructures;
▪ to continue the organization of small breeders (who are mostly women), their structuring by sectors of production and the integration of their representatives as full partners in the process of design and decision-making;
▪ to continue the promotion of the transformation and marketing actions, mainly carried out by women (traditional production of prepared meat products in insufficient hygiene conditions);
▪ to promote local production of cattle food;
▪ to promote development of artificial insemination, and
▪ to develop the market of livestock productions.