Project Managers (2)
Project Managers (2) – Environment Department / Development Department
AGRER SA-NV (Brussels, Belgium – est. in 1959) carries out studies and provides technical assistance for the design and implementation of projects and programmes in the framework of international co-operation, bilateral and multilateral agreements, with funding from the European Union, the World Bank, Regional Banks and other specialised funding agencies.
AGRER was established in 1959 and, since 2012, is part of the Typsa group (Spain).
AGRER’s main fields of expertise include: Agriculture & Rural Development, Environment & Natural Resources Management, Economic Development, Public Governance and Institutional Support. Activity and projects in EU and third countries (mainly developing and transition economy countries)
AGRER is currently seeking to reinforce its headquarter’s staff
- For Environment Department: a full-time Project Manager (ref PM-ENV-06-2021). The Environment Department is currently active in the following sectors: land use and regional planning, fisheries, climate change adaptation, mitigation, mainstreaming and access to finance, environmental and social safeguards, etc.
- For Development Department: a full-time Project Manager (ref PM-DEV-06-2021). The Development Department is currently active in the following sectors: rural development, agronomy, irrigation, economics & SMEs, public governance & institutional support (Africa represents more than 50% of activity, then Central & South America, Asia, Europe / Multi-countries)
- Development of commercial activities (market analysis, identification of new project opportunities, contacts with clients, partners,…).
- Preparation of Expressions of Interests and Bids: identification of partners and experts, negotiation of collaboration agreements with partners, background analysis and research, writing of technical and financial proposals,
- Management of awarded contracts: technical and logistical support to experts; partners & clients relations; monitoring and quality control of contractual reporting/deliverables and on services provided ; supervision of project administration and finance, etc
- Master degree in environmental sciences/management, agronomy, economics, international affairs, political sciences, law or similar
- > 2 years experience out of which 1 year in a consulting firm or development agency, dealing with studies, consulting assignments, project backstopping and management, government counterparts.
- Studies and prior experience in climate change related domains (ENV)
- Knowledge and experience of procurement procedures of EU and other development agencies
- French and English completely fluent, written and oral - other languages a plus
- Highly organised
- Strong attitude to quantitative financial analysis for project management
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Positive attitude to client and interpersonal relations and teamwork
- Willing to travel
- A project management qualification
- Demonstrated high level technical writing skills
- Implementation experience in developing countries
The job is in Brussels (including short-term missions abroad)
Starting date: as soon as possible
In case of interest, please send updated CV in French or English and cover letter to genevieve.lapage(at)agrer.com with reference PM-ENV-06-2021 or PM-DEV-06-2021