Created in 1959, AGRER S.A.-N.V. is a consulting firm providing studies and technical assistance services mainly at the international level (environment, rural development, economic development, governance, institutional support, etc.). AGRER's clients are mainly governments or public institutions financed by the European Union, the World Bank and Regional Development Banks. AGRER implements many projects in Africa, Latin America and Asia. Turnover ±10 MEUR. Staff ±25 in Brussels and ±75 on projects. For more information on AGRER's activities: https://agrer.com or https://www.linkedin.com/company/agrer
AGRER is currently seeking a full-time Project Manager to reinforce its Environment Department. The Department has a diversified portfolio in climate change adaptation, mitigation, climate reform mainstreaming and access to climate finance; land use and regional planning; natural resources management; environmental and social safeguards; project appraisals.
Mission : Assist / report to the Manager of the Environment Department
The Project Manager will have responsibilities for both business development and the execution of contracts:
- Development of commercial activities (market analysis, identification of new project opportunities, contacts with clients and partners).
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest and Bids: identification of experts, negotiation of collaboration agreements with partners, background analysis and research, appraisal of opportunities and definition of commercial strategies, writing of technical proposals.
- Management of awarded contracts: technical and management support to our teams of experts; partners & clients relations; monitoring and QC of contractual delivery; quality control on services provided; supervision of projects’ administration and finance.
We are looking for a candidate with min. 2-year experience in a consulting firm or a development agency, who wants to grow in skills, experience, and responsibilities. The person should have:
- Advanced degree in environmental sciences/management, economics, international affairs, political sciences, or similar
- French and English completely fluent, written and oral - other languages a plus
- Highly organised ; Positive attitude to client and interpersonal relations and teamwork ;
- Strong attitude to quantitative financial analysis for project management ; advanced skills in Excel
- Willing to travel
- Experience in climate change related domains
- Knowledge and experience of procurement procedures of EU and other development agencies
- Demonstrated high level technical writing skills
- Implementation experience in developing countries
Full-time position, as soon as possible – based in Brussels, with missions in developing countries
In case of interest, please send updated CV in French or English with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference ENV/09-2022
Only internally pre-selected candidates will be contacted