Rwanda - Climate change policy advisor
In the frame of an ongoing tender, we are looking for a Climate change policy advisor with this profile:
He/she will provide regular policy analysis to the EU Delegation and Ministries in the areas of environment and climate action specifically policy analysis and briefing in the areas of climate change, climate resilience and adaptation, international climate change negotiations.
In collaboration with key expert 5, he/she will provide information and technical advice on sources of funds and their priorities and activities, for example the Global Environment Facility fund, the Green Climate fund or any multilateral, bilateral donors or foundations.
He/she will facilitate the development of technical tools and guidance.
He/she will supervise thematic studies and deliverables from Non-key experts in the environment sector.
Embedded in the MoE, the expert will report to the ministry senior management. He will ensure regular briefings and exchanges with the EU Delegation to Rwanda.
He/she will be involved in collaboration with EU, European Member States and the Rwandan Government in the implementation of environmental aspects of the Team Europe Initiative (TEI) ‘Investing in sustainable and inclusive agricultural transformation”, relative to the Kigali Wholesale Market Project ; he/she will coordinate possible actions with team implementing TEI “Sustainable Rwandan cities fit for the digital age”.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in Environment, Environmental science or economics, equivalent professional experience of at least 10 years
- Proven knowledge of policy analysis and communication tools (briefings, concept-notes, study analysis, etc) in the area of environment and climate action. Ability to analyse information, evidence-based and to translate into policy recommendation
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing; at least C-1 level proficiency in English
- Good communication and networking skills
- At least B-2 level proficiency in French
General professional experience
- At least 4 years of working experience as an advisor to a Ministry; National agency or a public institution, in the area of environment and climate action
- At least 2 years of experience in climate finance
Considered an asset:
- Experience (s) with EU sector budget support programs
- Experience on research programs in environment or relative to climate change
- Similar experiences in African countries will be an asset
Specific professional experience
- At least 2 professional working experiences embedded in technical ministries or national implementing agencies
- Proven working experience in improving collaboration and dialogue between technical ministries
- At least 2 years of working experience analysing, supervising or elaborating studies in the Environment and Climate change sectors
- Proven working experience in fund raising for public institutions or foundations on climate action
- Proven working experience in developing research program in Environment
Considered an asset:
- Professional working experiences in gender mainstreaming and gender sensitive actions in the areas of climate action including proven experiences in climate change gender action plans
- Development of best practices sharing with others countries
- Experience in coordinating donors and partners in the environmental sector
Duration of the assignment : 4 years as from March 2023
In case of interest, kindly send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference "9991".