AGRER (Brussels, Belgium) carries out studies and provides technical assistance for the design and implementation of projects and programmes in the framework of international co-operation, bilateral and multilateral agreements, with funding from the European Union, the World Bank, Regional Banks and other specialised funding agencies.
AGRER was established in 1959 and, since 2012, has been part of the Typsa group (Spain).
AGRER’s main fields of expertise include: Agriculture & Rural Development, Environment & Natural Resources Management, Economic Development, Public Governance, Institutional Support.
AGRER is currently seeking to reinforce its Environment Department with a full-time Project Manager. The Department is currently active in the following sectors: fisheries, climate change mainstreaming and access to finance, environmental and social safeguards, land use and regional planning, etc.
Main tasks – report to the Manager of Environment Department
- Development of commercial activities (market analysis, identification of new project opportunities, contacts with clients, partners, …).
- Preparation of Expressions of Interests and tenders: selection of experts, negotiation of collaboration agreements with partners, background analysis and research, writing of technical and financial proposals,
- Negotiation of contracts with clients,
- Management of awarded contracts: technical and logistical support to experts; partners & clients relationship management; monitoring and quality control of contractual reporting and of services provided; supervision of project administration and finance, etc…..
- Advanced degree (MSc level) in environmental sciences/management, economics, bioengineering, international affairs or similar
- Minimum 2 years experience in a consulting firm or development agency, dealing with studies, consulting assignments, project backstopping and management, government counterparts
- Specialization or prior experience in climate change related domains, demonstrating familiarity with current CC programming
- Knowledge and experience of procurement procedures of EU and other development agencies
- French and English completely fluent, written and oral - other languages a plus
- Highly organised
- Strong attitude to quantitative financial analysis for project management
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Positive attitude to client and interpersonal relations and teamwork
- Willing to travel in development countries
- Project management certificate
- Demonstrated high level technical writing skills
- Implementation experience in developing countries
The job is located in Brussels.
Starting date: as soon as possible
In case of interest, please send updated CV and cover letter in French or English to Ms Lapage : firstname.lastname@example.org with reference ENV/07-2020.