Forests for the future facility : Private sector and investments expert
In the frame of an ongoing tender, we are currently looking for a Private sector and investments expert, based in Brussels, for 48 months.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Economics, Business or equivalent. An MSc degree is required, while a PhD degree is an asset.
- Excellent analysis, synthesis and drafting skills.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Fluent writing and speaking English. Knowledge of French and other languages widely used in developing countries is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the business climate and private sector related to forest.
- Good knowledge of forest-related investment and commercial activities and of financial mechanisms (blending, guarantee funds, credit funds, trust funds,…).
General professional experience
At least 10 years of professional experience in analysing, reviewing and developing investment projects, of which at least 5 years for investments in developing countries
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in investment programme management in the area of forest or natural resources in or for developing countries. Previous professional experience with EU blending mechanisms is an asset.
- Experience in negotiation, pre-feasibility study/evaluation and stakeholder consultations.
- Knowledge of the forest-related value chains and/or wood industry is an asset.
In case of interest, please send your updated CV to email@example.com mentioning reference "9760 - Tree4Life"