Fiji - Key Expert 1: Team leader – Agricultural Policy Advisor
Project title: Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme
Period of project: 24 months
Working period: Full-time
Project description The Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme in Fiji is an EU-funded Programme. Its specific objectives are: i) Effective transition to a sustainable and more diversified agriculture sector, and ii) Development of market driven and environmentally friendly agriculture.
For the abovementioned on-going tender, AGRER is looking for:
Key expert 1: Team leader – Agricultural Policy Advisor (minimum of 385 work days)
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master Degree or equivalent academic qualification (university or similar institution) in agricultural development, agricultural economics, rural development or any relevant field directly related to this assignment;
- If the expert does not have a Master's Degree, she/he must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the above mentioned fields combined with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good team spirit;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken English
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills:
- Excellent facilitation skills, experience in facilitating stakeholder consultation meetings, in particular through participatory techniques will be considered an asset
- General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional combined experience in the agriculture or rural development sector;
- At least 3 years of experience as Agricultural Policy advisor;
- At least 3 years’ experience in leadership and management position;
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular small-sized countries, will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years working experience in designing, conducting and facilitating capacity building initiatives of public administration in strategic planning, processes and procedures, policy development and review;
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with institutional reforms and governance framework in the agricultural sector;
- At least one fulltime continuous assignment of more than one year performed successfully as team leader (overseeing a team of at least 3 peoples);
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the provision of technical support in the framework of a budget support operation;
- Successful experience of EU sector reform performance contracts, preferably in rural development / agriculture will be considered as an asset;
- Previous professional experience working in rural development in Small Island Developing States and/or Least Developed countries will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in public administration restructuring and decentralization will be considered an asset.
Kindly send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating reference number 9853/KE1
Due to the great number of candidatures we usually receive, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.